To be able to understand the psychosocial status of the individual in case of disability, apology or disorder for any reason in terms of physical, sensory or cognitive aspects;
Assoc. Prof. Reyhan SAYDAM
Tuesday, 11.00-12.45, Şirinevler Campus C Block
Tuesday, 12.45-13.15, Şirinevler Campus C Block
Teaching Methods and Techniques
Introduction to Health Psychology: Biopsychosocial Approach to Biomedical Modeling Health Psychology: Definition, history, factors affecting development.
Health and Disease Concepts, Treatment Adaptation, Health Behavior, Good Condition
Theoretical Approaches in Health Psychology: Loading Theories, Health Belief Model
Patient Treatment Team Relationship
Social Support and Health, Psychological Health
Situational Crisis Models and Crisis Management due to Chronic Diseases
Chronic Pain Syndrome
Women's and Men's Health
Onchologic patient and communication
Applications in Turkey and the World Health Psychology
1. Analyze the interactions of structures (cells, tissues, organs), organs, segments, construction body at the micro and macro level.
2. Can measure and evaluate the human body on the basis of physical structure.
3. Can determine the conditions that cause functional impairment, the extent of functional impairment and the effects of people on their lives.
4. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment processes in growth and developmental disorders.
5. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment of chronic progressive diseases (cancer, muscular diseases, nervous system diseases, metabolic diseases), reducing the effects of the disease (pain, functional impairment).
6. Takes an active role in determining, predicting, preventing, following and treating the problems that come from the old age.
7. Has an active role in hospitals, private clinics, health centers, rehabilitation centers, disabled and elderly care diseases and follow-up processes.
8. Can act as an active role or autonomous to identify, prevent and monitor health-related risk factors.
9. Improvement of disease areas and functional areas, improvement and improvement processes.
10. To make it possible to evaluate, develop and improve public health.
11. They can take an active role in project development and the related centers for the treatment of persons with disabilities, rehabilitation center, professional rehabilitation center establishment.
Understands the concepts of psychosocial rehabilitation.
Learns the psychosocial process and adaptation stages, stress and post-traumatic stress disorder and the problems after traumatic injuries.
In neurological diseases, it can recognize psychosocial rehabilitation problems in geriatric people in progressive chronic diseases in problems that cause self-esteem in children.
Physically disabled people, families with handicapped children, visually impaired people and people with hearing impairments define their psycho-social processes in physiotherapy and rehabilitation applications.