The aim of this course is; to gain a general view on the basic concepts and concepts of sociology. After presenting the basic tools of sociological thought, the history of sociology and the relation with other sciences (especially psychology), will be examined research methods used in sociological studies, basic concepts of studying modern society, and concepts such as "globalization" and "postmodern". Finally, "special issues" in sociology will be discussed. (eg, body sociology, religion, and magic).
--Sosyoloji: Başlangıç Okumaları, 2009 (1. Baskı), Editör: Anthony Giddens, Çev.: Günseli Altaylar, Say Yayınları.
-Filmlerle Sosyoloji, 2010 (1. Baskı), Yazarlar: Bülent Diken ve Carsten B. Laustsen, Çev.: Sona Ertekin, Metis Yayınları.
-Sosyoloji, 2008 (1. Baskı), Yazarlar: Tony Bilton, Kevin Bonnett, Pip Jones, Tony Lawson, David Skinner, Michelle Stanworth, Andrew Webster (Liz Bradbury, James Stanyer ve Paul Stephens’ın katkılarıyla), Çev. Editörü: Kemal İnal, Siyasal Yayınevi.
Definition and history of sociology; relation with other sciences
Research methods used in sociology; social theories
Socializing; cinema and social theory;
Social class; gender relations; race and ethnicity
Political sociology and power structures in society; modern society; the basis for the study of modern society
Social media; health, illness and medicine
Knowledge, religion and belief
Crime and violence
Globalization; postmodernism; "special topics" in sociology: body sociology, religion and magic relation
1. Analyze the interactions of structures (cells, tissues, organs), organs, segments, construction body at the micro and macro level.
2. Can measure and evaluate the human body on the basis of physical structure.
3. Can determine the conditions that cause functional impairment, the extent of functional impairment and the effects of people on their lives.
4. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment processes in growth and developmental disorders.
5. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment of chronic progressive diseases (cancer, muscular diseases, nervous system diseases, metabolic diseases), reducing the effects of the disease (pain, functional impairment).
6. Takes an active role in determining, predicting, preventing, following and treating the problems that come from the old age.
7. Has an active role in hospitals, private clinics, health centers, rehabilitation centers, disabled and elderly care diseases and follow-up processes.
8. Can act as an active role or autonomous to identify, prevent and monitor health-related risk factors.
9. Improvement of disease areas and functional areas, improvement and improvement processes.
10. To make it possible to evaluate, develop and improve public health.
11. They can take an active role in project development and the related centers for the treatment of persons with disabilities, rehabilitation center, professional rehabilitation center establishment.
To gain a critical point of view while preparing the project
By bringing together the basic concepts of sociology, preparing a project with a sociological point of view
Discuss and analyze sociological concepts and phenomena
To sample the sociological phenomena
To interpret social situations in sociological terminology
To express sociological facts with their own cues
To define the basic concepts and concepts of sociology