To teach the physiotherapy and rehabilitation department students the mechanisms of rheumatic diseases, types of diseases, causes of physiotherapy and rehabilitation and their treatment properties and show them practically to increase knowledge and skill needed by physiotherapist in rheumatological rehabilitation field.
This course has not been opened in 2018-2019 fall semester.
Teaching Methods and Techniques
1. Rheumatology- Evidence Based Practice for Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists. Ed. Krysia Dziedzic, Alison Hammond. Elsevier,2010.
1. Analyze the interactions of structures (cells, tissues, organs), organs, segments, construction body at the micro and macro level.
2. Can measure and evaluate the human body on the basis of physical structure.
3. Can determine the conditions that cause functional impairment, the extent of functional impairment and the effects of people on their lives.
4. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment processes in growth and developmental disorders.
5. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment of chronic progressive diseases (cancer, muscular diseases, nervous system diseases, metabolic diseases), reducing the effects of the disease (pain, functional impairment).
6. Takes an active role in determining, predicting, preventing, following and treating the problems that come from the old age.
7. Has an active role in hospitals, private clinics, health centers, rehabilitation centers, disabled and elderly care diseases and follow-up processes.
8. Can act as an active role or autonomous to identify, prevent and monitor health-related risk factors.
9. Improvement of disease areas and functional areas, improvement and improvement processes.
10. To make it possible to evaluate, develop and improve public health.
11. They can take an active role in project development and the related centers for the treatment of persons with disabilities, rehabilitation center, professional rehabilitation center establishment.
Learn pathophysiology of rheumatic disease.
He recognizes the differences between the diseases and the characteristics of the disease.
Can make physiotherapy and rehabilitation evaluations.
Determine the need of physiotherapy and rehabilitation, determine appropriate treatment approaches, can apply.
Provide guidance on the recommendations and preventive approaches necessary to maintain the patient's life.
He is actively involved in the management of the disease process.
Additional issues can be found in counseling and guidance as health personnel.