The basic theoretical and practical knowledge about the physiological effect mechanisms and application principles of neurophysiological approaches of techniques such as Bobath and Johnstone.
This course has not been opened in 2018-2019 fall semester.
Teaching Methods and Techniques
- Berta Bobath, Adult Hemiplegia:Evalution and Treatment
- Brunnstrom S.,Movemment Therapy in Hemiplegia.a Neurophysiological aproach
-Restoration and Motor function in stroke patients.johnstone M.
- Davies P.Steps to follow,
-Edwards BC. Manual of Combined Movements. Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh,1992.
Hall CM, Brody LT. Therapeutic Exercise . Lippincott Williams&Wilkins, Philadelphia, 1999.
-Livanelioğlu A, Erden Z. Proprioseptif Nöromusküler Fasilitasyon Teknikleri..
Introduction to Neurophysiological Approaches and Motor Control Theories
Bobath Treatment Approach and Theoretical Basis
Cortical Reorganization and Motor Learning
Evaluation principles in Bobath treatment approach
Hemiplegia and Upper Extremity Problems
Hemiplegia and Lower Extremity and Walking Problems
The Importance of Hemiplegia and Body Training
Johnstone Approach and Theoretical Foundation
Principles of evaluation in the Johnstone Approach
Early Stages of Johnstone Approach
Johnstone Advanced Upper and Lower Extremity Exercises
Johnstone Mat Exercises
1. Analyze the interactions of structures (cells, tissues, organs), organs, segments, construction body at the micro and macro level.
2. Can measure and evaluate the human body on the basis of physical structure.
3. Can determine the conditions that cause functional impairment, the extent of functional impairment and the effects of people on their lives.
4. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment processes in growth and developmental disorders.
5. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment of chronic progressive diseases (cancer, muscular diseases, nervous system diseases, metabolic diseases), reducing the effects of the disease (pain, functional impairment).
6. Takes an active role in determining, predicting, preventing, following and treating the problems that come from the old age.
7. Has an active role in hospitals, private clinics, health centers, rehabilitation centers, disabled and elderly care diseases and follow-up processes.
8. Can act as an active role or autonomous to identify, prevent and monitor health-related risk factors.
9. Improvement of disease areas and functional areas, improvement and improvement processes.
10. To make it possible to evaluate, develop and improve public health.
11. They can take an active role in project development and the related centers for the treatment of persons with disabilities, rehabilitation center, professional rehabilitation center establishment.
Having general knowledge about neurodevelopmental treatment approaches
Learn when and for what purpose Bobath and Johnstone approaches can be used
To be able to use all neurophysiologic approaches in clinical neurological cases to create a patient-specific treatment program used together, to know the principles of blood-based medical applications, to use knowledge and skills in line with these principles
To be able to choose model techniques and tools necessary for applications in physiotherapy, to use information technologies effectively
Acquire advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of physiotherapy and rehabilitation supported by textbooks, practical tools and other resources with up-to-date information