Discuss physiotherapy methods that can be used to evaluate daily activities, to identify problems that may occur in long-term patients, to establish treatment programs, to teach patients transfer techniques to increase the independence of patients in and out of the home, to teach adaptations to patients in the home and to maximize patient independence.
Professor Semin Akel,
Wednesday, 11.00-12.45, Şirinevler Campus C Block
Wednesday, 12.45-13.15, Şirinevler Campus C Block
Teaching Methods and Techniques
-Lecture, discussion, demonstration
Daily life activities I
Activities of daily living II
Immobilization and its effects
Immobilization and preventive methods
In-bed and out-of-bed activities
Teaching transfer techniques in hemiplegic, paraplegic and quadriplegic patients
Domestic adaptations I
In-house adaptations II
Walking assistants and their use
Self-help tools, choice and use I
Self-help tools, choice and use II
1. Analyze the interactions of structures (cells, tissues, organs), organs, segments, construction body at the micro and macro level.
2. Can measure and evaluate the human body on the basis of physical structure.
3. Can determine the conditions that cause functional impairment, the extent of functional impairment and the effects of people on their lives.
4. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment processes in growth and developmental disorders.
5. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment of chronic progressive diseases (cancer, muscular diseases, nervous system diseases, metabolic diseases), reducing the effects of the disease (pain, functional impairment).
6. Takes an active role in determining, predicting, preventing, following and treating the problems that come from the old age.
7. Has an active role in hospitals, private clinics, health centers, rehabilitation centers, disabled and elderly care diseases and follow-up processes.
8. Can act as an active role or autonomous to identify, prevent and monitor health-related risk factors.
9. Improvement of disease areas and functional areas, improvement and improvement processes.
10. To make it possible to evaluate, develop and improve public health.
11. They can take an active role in project development and the related centers for the treatment of persons with disabilities, rehabilitation center, professional rehabilitation center establishment.
Assessment of daily life activities
In these activities, the initiatives that the hospital can make to increase independence include what sort of arrangements patients can take to become independent at home
The necessary techniques for transferring patients, the proposal of ancillary tools and the training of this vehicle, the learning of the approach to the bladder and bowel problem patients and the basic information of the physiotherapy profession
To be able to communicate with experts in other fields in the framework of information and to be able to work and analyze and synthesize in a team covering different professions
Affinity to ethical values, analysis and synthesis, problem solving and decision making
They will gain the ability to establish relationships between basic concepts.