Teaching the basic concepts of gerontology. Knowing the basic needs of the elderly, it is in this direction to gain the ability to meet the needs of the elderly and at the same time to be able to approach the elderly as a whole.
Assist. Prof. Dr. Tümer Ulus,
Friday, 14.00-15.45, Şirinevler Campus C Block
Friday, 15.45-16.15, Şirinevler Campus C Block
Teaching Methods and Techniques
-Oral presentation, discussion, presentation
Canatan, A. Sosyal Yönleriyle Yaşlılık, Palme Yayınevi, Ankara, 2008
Tufan, İ. Türkiye’de Yaşlanmak ve Yaşlılık. Antalya: GeroYay, 2006.
Onur, B. Gelişim Psikolojisi; Yetişkinlik, Yaşlılık, Ölüm, İmge Yayınları, Ankara, 2008
The definition of aging and the history of the science of aging (gerontology).
Physiological, psychological, social, economic and chronological definitions of aging.
Theories of aging
Aging-related physiological and psychosocial changes
Common problems in old age (social, psychological, economic, physical problems)
Aging and Ethics
Nursing homes and elderly care centers in Turkey
Aging and ergonomics
Gender in old age
Psychological problems in old age
Evaluation of the course
1. Analyze the interactions of structures (cells, tissues, organs), organs, segments, construction body at the micro and macro level.
2. Can measure and evaluate the human body on the basis of physical structure.
3. Can determine the conditions that cause functional impairment, the extent of functional impairment and the effects of people on their lives.
4. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment processes in growth and developmental disorders.
5. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment of chronic progressive diseases (cancer, muscular diseases, nervous system diseases, metabolic diseases), reducing the effects of the disease (pain, functional impairment).
6. Takes an active role in determining, predicting, preventing, following and treating the problems that come from the old age.
7. Has an active role in hospitals, private clinics, health centers, rehabilitation centers, disabled and elderly care diseases and follow-up processes.
8. Can act as an active role or autonomous to identify, prevent and monitor health-related risk factors.
9. Improvement of disease areas and functional areas, improvement and improvement processes.
10. To make it possible to evaluate, develop and improve public health.
11. They can take an active role in project development and the related centers for the treatment of persons with disabilities, rehabilitation center, professional rehabilitation center establishment.
Learns the biological, psychological, sociological components of the aging phenomenon.
Learns the changes in old age.
Understanding gender in old age.
He / she can list the entrance conditions to nursing home and care center.
Be able to learn concepts related to aging and ethics.