The microscopic structure of the normal and diseased state of the tissues and cells that creates the organs and systems of the human body is to learn the structural functions and understand embryological structure.
In the course, digestive system, respiratory system, endocrine system, circulatory system, lymphoid organs, genital system, central nervous system, excretion system, skin will be processed.
Professor Yener Aytekin,
Tuesday, 14.00-15.45, Şirinevler Campus C Block
Tuesday, 15.45-16.15, Şirinevler Campus C Block
Teaching Methods and Techniques
Lecture, discussion, demonstration
-Gartner LP, Hiatt JL. Color Textbook of Histology W.B. Saunders Company, Philedelphia, 2001
- Junqueira LC, Carneiro J. Basic Histology, Text
Introduction to histology
Preparation steps of histological preparation, fixation, dehydration, transparency.
Blocking, sectioning, painting
Microscope types and microscope methods commonly used in histology.
Epithelial tissue, shape and properties of epithelial cells, cell surface specialization.
Epithelial types, general biology of epithelial tissue, renewal of epithelial tissue
Connective tissue, basic substance, fibers, cells, types of connective tissue, histophysiology of connective tissue, fat tissue, white (unilocular) fat tissue, brown (multilocular) fat tissue.
Bone texture, macroscopic structure of bone, microscopic structure of bone, histoneogenesis of bone tissue, growth and remodeling of bone tissue, histophysiology of bone tissue.
Muscle tissue, general features of muscle tissue, skeletal muscle, heart muscle, smooth muscle, muscle tissue renewal.
Neural tissue, neuron, nerve fibers, neuroglia, peripheral nerves, autonomic nervous system, histophysiology of nerve tissue, degeneration and regeneration of nerve tissue
1. Analyze the interactions of structures (cells, tissues, organs), organs, segments, construction body at the micro and macro level.
2. Can measure and evaluate the human body on the basis of physical structure.
3. Can determine the conditions that cause functional impairment, the extent of functional impairment and the effects of people on their lives.
4. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment processes in growth and developmental disorders.
5. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment of chronic progressive diseases (cancer, muscular diseases, nervous system diseases, metabolic diseases), reducing the effects of the disease (pain, functional impairment).
6. Takes an active role in determining, predicting, preventing, following and treating the problems that come from the old age.
7. Has an active role in hospitals, private clinics, health centers, rehabilitation centers, disabled and elderly care diseases and follow-up processes.
8. Can act as an active role or autonomous to identify, prevent and monitor health-related risk factors.
9. Improvement of disease areas and functional areas, improvement and improvement processes.
10. To make it possible to evaluate, develop and improve public health.
11. They can take an active role in project development and the related centers for the treatment of persons with disabilities, rehabilitation center, professional rehabilitation center establishment.
Describing the structure of the cell and explaining the general histological structures of the epithelium, connective tissue and supporting tissues, muscle and nerve tissues
Learning of histological techniques by defining histology in general histology