Introducing physical modalities and electrotherapy applications used in physiotherapy and rehabilitation to students and enabling the students to decide appropriate modalities and applications for disease groups.
Assist. Prof. Dr. Adnan Apti
Thursday, 9.00-12.45, Şirinevler Campus C Block
Thursday, 12.45-13.15, Şirinevler Campus C Block
Teaching Methods and Techniques
--Robertson V, Ward A, Low J, Reed A. Electrotherapy Explained. Butterworth-Heinemann Ltd,2006, Oxford. Kitchen S. Electrotherapy: Evidence Based Pract
Short wave and interrupted shortwave diathermy
Shock wave therapy
1. Analyze the interactions of structures (cells, tissues, organs), organs, segments, construction body at the micro and macro level.
2. Can measure and evaluate the human body on the basis of physical structure.
3. Can determine the conditions that cause functional impairment, the extent of functional impairment and the effects of people on their lives.
4. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment processes in growth and developmental disorders.
5. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment of chronic progressive diseases (cancer, muscular diseases, nervous system diseases, metabolic diseases), reducing the effects of the disease (pain, functional impairment).
6. Takes an active role in determining, predicting, preventing, following and treating the problems that come from the old age.
7. Has an active role in hospitals, private clinics, health centers, rehabilitation centers, disabled and elderly care diseases and follow-up processes.
8. Can act as an active role or autonomous to identify, prevent and monitor health-related risk factors.
9. Improvement of disease areas and functional areas, improvement and improvement processes.
10. To make it possible to evaluate, develop and improve public health.
11. They can take an active role in project development and the related centers for the treatment of persons with disabilities, rehabilitation center, professional rehabilitation center establishment.
Gain the ability to make decisions according to the indications about the use of physical modalities
Evaluate the patient and gain the ability to determine electrotherapy requirements
Gain ability to choose the electrotherapy instruments necessary for applications in the field of physiotherapy