1. An overview of medical history 2. Historical development of physiotherapy and rehabilitation profession, purpose, place in health field. 3. Overview and evaluation of physiotherapy patients and diseases 4. Treatment methods, 5. General principles on the application of the physiotherapist profession in our country and in the world.
Assist. Prof. Dr. Adnan Apti
Şirinevler Campus C Block, Tuesday 9.00-10.45
Şirinevler Campus C Block, Tuesday 10.45-11.15
Teaching Methods and Techniques
-Oral presentation, Barkovizyon presentation, Video presentation.
-Fizyoterapi ve Rehabilitasyona Giriş. Prof. Dr. Arzu Razak Özdinçler, İstanbul Tıp Kitabevi. 2016
History of Medicine
An Overview of the History of Medicine from the First Age to the Middle Ages
Western Middle Age and Renaissance Medicine
Western Medicine in the 18th & 19th Century
Historical Development of the Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Profession
Physical Therapy in Clinical Practice
Physical Measurement and Evaluation Methods in Physical Therapy
Treatment Modalities and Methods Used in Clinical Physical Therapy Applications
Physiotherapist's Clinical Proficiency, Branching and Expertise
Duties and Responsibilities of Physiotherapist
World Health Organization, ICF (International Classification of Functioning) model, Disability, Disability and disability concepts.
1. Analyze the interactions of structures (cells, tissues, organs), organs, segments, construction body at the micro and macro level.
2. Can measure and evaluate the human body on the basis of physical structure.
3. Can determine the conditions that cause functional impairment, the extent of functional impairment and the effects of people on their lives.
4. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment processes in growth and developmental disorders.
5. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment of chronic progressive diseases (cancer, muscular diseases, nervous system diseases, metabolic diseases), reducing the effects of the disease (pain, functional impairment).
6. Takes an active role in determining, predicting, preventing, following and treating the problems that come from the old age.
7. Has an active role in hospitals, private clinics, health centers, rehabilitation centers, disabled and elderly care diseases and follow-up processes.
8. Can act as an active role or autonomous to identify, prevent and monitor health-related risk factors.
9. Improvement of disease areas and functional areas, improvement and improvement processes.
10. To make it possible to evaluate, develop and improve public health.
11. They can take an active role in project development and the related centers for the treatment of persons with disabilities, rehabilitation center, professional rehabilitation center establishment.
Historical development of the physiotherapy profession