Introducing French language and French culture to the students and to make sure they reach the entry-level language skill.
Lecturer Mehmet Sarıoğlu
Thursday 09-10.45 Friday 11-12.45 Ataköy 4B 04-06
Öğr.Gör.Mehmet Sarıoğlu Thursday 14.30-15 D4 D-12
Teaching Methods and Techniques
In the teaching period that starts with processing the subjects that are determined from the main book “Mauget Langue et Civilisation Francaise”, distributing subject memorized exercise papers, assignments and various question-answer exercises that are based on the subject to the students. Correction practices on the assignments that were given at the previous class. All the prepared copies that are based on the vocabulary exercise are given to the students. “Oral” question-answer exercises are being conducted to improve talking ability.
G.Mauger, Cours de Langue et de Civilisation Française, Librairie Hachette
Catherine Dollez, Sylvie Pons; Alter Ego:Methode de Français I, Librerai Hachette
J.Bady, I.Greaves, A. Petetin, Exerçons-nous Grammaire 350 Exercices Niv.Débutant. Librairie Hachette
Yves Loiseau, Régine Mérieux; Point par Point Exercices Grammaire Cahier Débutant , Librairie Didier
1. Introducing the books that will be used in the classes “French 1” and “French 2”, reading the related “Syllabus” to explain students what is wanted from them and what they will be responsible of, introducing how the midterms and finals will be graded and the general percentages of being present in the class and assignments. Introduction of the order of French phonetics- alphabet, sound unison, the phonetic structure of the simple words and the examples of the alphabetical readings.
Oral and written expression Audio cassette performance
2. Entering the “Article” subject after the reminding of alphabet information and phonetic order. The introduction of Articles with examples and exercises. Simple “sentence reading tryouts”. Studies on vocabulary and the readings of them.
Explanation of structures of word subordinates, foundation rules and “article” systems that are used in relation to this subject with examples.
Oral and written expression Listening to aodio cassette
3. “Avoir” and “etre” auxiliary verbs, a general look to the verb groups and the first group of inflection of verbs explanations.
There will be assignments given to the students on the subjects(The most used ones of Avoir-Etre and first group verbs will be chosen and Turkish-French translation assignments will be prepared.) Vocabulary papers that are including nationality and countries will be distributed. Related course works.
Reading performance Writting
4. Introducing of noun states and related article and preposition foundation studies. Conversation studies. Daily use, self-explaining question- answer structures will be given. New vocabulary papers distribution. Learning and practicing point adjectives. Conjugation of “Pouvoir-Devoir” auxiliary verbs, simple sentences with these verbs and question- answer studies.
Reading and writting exercices
5. Repetition of point adjectives, distribution a list of qualification adjectives. Using related adjectives and first group verbs in sentences. Sentences types(negative, question, negative question types). New reading articles distribution. Studying on the article with question-answers.
Name subordinates and the states of name related reminder assignments distributing and studies on the subject. Introducing the days of the week.
Reading and writting exercices
6. Introducing “Faire-Savoir” auxiliary verbs and how to use them in a sentence. Distributing new vocabulary copies on house and parts of the house, seasons and months and simple foundation studies on these vocabularies. Strengthening new words with name subordinates. Studies with distributed negative answer based question patterns. Extra studies on first group verbs. Introduction of the undocumented adjectives and follow up and reading exercises from the book on the subject.
Reading and writting exercices
7. Distributing new vocabulary copies based on professions. Continuing on the learning of the first group verbs. French-Turkish, Turkish-French translation studies. Question-answer practices. Reading and processing the new subject from the book. Exercises on finding the question based on the answer.
Reading and writting practices
8. Processing time and clock concept. Related question-answer exercises. Positive and negative sentence types reminding, distribution of the vocabulary copies based on the city, buildings in the city and various types of structures and related sentence exercises. Finding the question based on the answer practices.Finding the question based on the answer practices.
Written repetition practices
9. Introduction of the new vocabulary lists based on animals and nature. General repetition about midterm. In addition to that, deciding on the subject based on students’ wishes and conducting explaining practices on these subjects.
Reading writting practices
10. Midterm Exam
11. Detailed explanation of the topics asked in the exam. Distributing an assignment that is equal valued to the exam. Conducting the concept of route and directions and answering on the distributed exercise papers that are related to the subject. Introducing second group verbs, distributing related copies and sentence structure and development exercises. Entry to the personal pronouns, introduction and examples. Reading exercises.
Written and reading practices. Audio cassette performance
12. Distribution of the new reading pieces. Explanatory practices on pattern sentences that are related to weather. General repetition and the distribution of the assignment that include translating sentences to French language from a Turkish article that is formed by first, second and taught all auxiliary verbs. Repeating personal pronouns and examples. Explaining simple past tense and examples.
Oral and written expression Listening audio cassette
13. Generally repeating all the classes done in the term. Exampled practices of simple past tense. Application repetition of personal pronouns. Assignments.
Oral and written expression
14. Repetition based on student wishes for the final exam, question-answer practices, general repeating. Practicing on “participle passé accord” about personal pronouns and simple past tense examples.
Oral and written expressions
15. A class to relieve student’s mind before the finals: Edith Piaf, Nana Mouskouri vs concerts…PS: Distributing scripted French-Turkish translation of the music that will be listened to.
Class notes that are about all the subjects that are included in the program that will be prepared by me will be given to the students.
Homework / Term Projects / Presentations
1. Analyze the interactions of structures (cells, tissues, organs), organs, segments, construction body at the micro and macro level.
2. Can measure and evaluate the human body on the basis of physical structure.
3. Can determine the conditions that cause functional impairment, the extent of functional impairment and the effects of people on their lives.
4. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment processes in growth and developmental disorders.
5. Takes an active role in consultation, patient follow-up and treatment of chronic progressive diseases (cancer, muscular diseases, nervous system diseases, metabolic diseases), reducing the effects of the disease (pain, functional impairment).
6. Takes an active role in determining, predicting, preventing, following and treating the problems that come from the old age.
7. Has an active role in hospitals, private clinics, health centers, rehabilitation centers, disabled and elderly care diseases and follow-up processes.
8. Can act as an active role or autonomous to identify, prevent and monitor health-related risk factors.
9. Improvement of disease areas and functional areas, improvement and improvement processes.
10. To make it possible to evaluate, develop and improve public health.
11. They can take an active role in project development and the related centers for the treatment of persons with disabilities, rehabilitation center, professional rehabilitation center establishment.
The students are capable of forming sentences using the 1st and 2nd group verbs including the continous tense in reported speech and therefore express their wishes with their own sentences. They are also capable of distinguishing and using in their own sentences the descriptive adjectives, demonstrative adjectives and possessive adjectives.
The student is capable of replying to her peer in an understandable level of French when asked for locations.
The student achieves the capacity of forming sentences for introducing and describing herself.
Through vocabulary studies, the student is capable of learning and using in her own sentences words pertaining to parts of a house and the acquisitions of concepts of occupation and nationality.
The pronounciation skills of students are improved through reading activities on beginner level texts in French given as appendices for phonetic studies and Q&A exercises on the text.